My ICC
microteaching this past Saturday was horrible, just horrible. Things didn’t go
as I had planned. I thought I had to teach the preview in order to pre-teach
‘superstition’, but I should’ve listened to Corinne and just pretended as if
the preview had already taken place and start with the presentation. Because
the preview took up too much time, I couldn’t even introduce the language items
that I had wanted to, and I couldn’t show the class the entire video about
superstitions. It was just horrible. I wish I could turn back time to Saturday
and redo the microteaching all over again!
The overall
goal of the lesson was to introduce the first conditional tense so that the
students could talk about superstitions of their own or other cultures. However,
I didn’t really get the opportunity to introduce the first conditional, failing
to accomplish what I had set out to do. I wanted the students to extract information
from the video clip on superstitions and organize into action/result. And then,
I would introduce the first conditional by eliciting from the students or
modeling it. As you can see… that didn’t
happen. T_T
I don’t
think my MIC techniques were as horrible as the presentation itself. It doesn’t
mean that I did a good job. I used the WB to help students understand.
Unfortunately, I think my t-talk was all over the place.
No comments:
Post a Comment