Friday, September 21, 2012
Personal Objective
I think I have a lot of faults in my teaching method, techniques, etc. This program has made me become more aware of myself in the classroom. Sometimes I wonder if I'm doing anything right, but I don't think I'm totally messing everything up! If I were to choose one apsect of my teaching that I would like to improve on, it would be making the interaction more dialogic. The funny thing is that, in the classes I use a textbook for, my script tends to be more on the monologic side. However, in the classes I do not use a textbook and I'm allowed to plan my own lessons entirely, the script is much more dialogic. I taught that class this past week and I absolutely loved it! Although there were only about four people in the class, I didn't really feel like a teacher in a monologic sense but more like a facilitator of their discussion. I did have to start up the conversation when it died but the students asked each other questions out of true interest and curiosity of what the others had to say. I want to be able to customize the lessons from the textbook for my classroom and make the interaction more dialogic. I know that my group class is very different from the traditional classroom in Korea. I wonder if it would be possible to make my 1:1 classes (the ones where I use a textbook) have a similar discourse interaction.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment