Click on the link to view the video. Or just watch it in the following post.
I think I
may have chosen a speaker with too low of a proficiency. He fails to add
the -s to the end of the verbs. In the Korean language, "I go to the
store.", "He goes to the store.", and "They go to the store." all use
the same verb form. No ammendments are needed. Therefore, ELLs at the
novice level may have difficulty understanding that verbs in English
change in correspondence to the subject.
I didn't
provide any corrections during this activity. If I were to teach this
grammar point to a beginner-level class, I could teach it using talking about daily, weekly activities as the content.
I'm used to using the PPP cycle. So, first I could present the new
information (-s) by trying to elicit the correct form from the students.
"What do you do in the morning, Joe?", "Alex, what does Joe do in the
morning?". If the student is unable to utter the correct form, I may
have to provide the correct form. Or I could ask for the answer from the
whole class. After introducing the new language item, I could provide
practice by asking individual students questions about their
routine and then have them ask each other and report in groups. In the
final stage, production, I could use a role-play activity. I could have the students partner up. One person could be a manager for a celebrity and the other person could be a member of a staff for a magazine, newspaper, or TV talk show, who wants to interview the celebrity. The goal of the activity is for them to set on a day and time for the interview. The student playing the role of the manager will have to phrases like "I'm sorry, but he/she exercises in the morning.". After the completion of the task, the students could change roles.
No comments:
Post a Comment